Monday, November 12, 2012

Makapuno from PhilHybrid

Makapuno is one of my favorite Filipino desserts. I love how chewy, sweet, pure white, and fresh it is.  My mom usually cooks her Makapuno special during Christmas and New Year because you really cannot find Makapuno out in the market for all year round. Fortunately, our folks from PhilHybrid managed to develop and enhance the propagation of this yummy Filipino dessert via embryo-cultured Makapuno (ECM) seedlings. 


According to Philhybrid Makapuno's website, the company started operations in August 2004. It is now one of the biggest pure embryo-cultured Makapuno plantation in the country. Believe it or not, it was founded as an answer to our late Speaker of the Philippine House of Representatives and Agriculture Secretary Ramon "Monching V. Mitra, Jr.- who dreamed and committed to produce, promote and expand the Makapuno industry in the Philippines. 

As for the taste, I have yet to try this innovative product. Based from the feedbacks I've seen all over the web, blogs, commentaries, and posts- it seems like it really is a big hit- people who were able to try it keep coming back for more. And now, while I'm writing this blog, I'm already imagining the sweet, sticky, chewy taste of Makapuno. Oh please, can you give me some? I really want to pair this on top of Ube Halaya, or put it inside a freshly baked monay, and even just eat it on its own! I love the way Makapuno tastes when it was just brought out of the refrigerator--- so cold and sweet! I can finish a whole bottle for sure in just one seating!

Fortunately, Philhybrid also provided a special Christmas packaging to those who will order it!  It will definitely be a nice gift to moms, dads, and families out there who love to eat sweets.

So what are you waiting for? Order now! Here's their page for more information >>> Philhybrid PuroMakapuno

Cheers, 
CaptainFood

2 comments:

  1. This is very interesting, You're a very skilled blogger. I've
    joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your magnificent post.
    Also, I have shared your website in my social networks!


    Feel free to visit my web blog ... www.hugecockfuck.org

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely impressed along with your writing abilities, Thanks for this great share.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for having an interest in reading Captainfood: Your comments are fully welcome here :)