Sunday, July 1, 2012

Tous Le Jours - Korean breads

Tous Le Jours is a newly opened bakeshop in Alabang Town Center. Because of the long lines, and cool-looking physical design of the place, we decided to give it a try.

The store has several breads with an Asian twist and look. Of course, as a first-timer, I immediately asked for their bestsellers, and tried them all.

Here's the Sweet Black Rice Bread with Black Sesame Cream Cheese, ~48 pesos.

Sweet Black Rice Bread with Black Sesame Cream Cheese, 48 pesos

First impression with this bread is unique. It looks like a slightly fried siopao. Even though it looks simple, it tastes good! The bread is soft, and the filling is light -not too sweet, and not too creamy. It is final-touched by the toasted black sesame seeds which gives an Asian kick. A good pair for an afternoon tea or coffee. This is the personal favorite of my sister.

Ratings: 8/10

Second is Custard Pie , 38 pesos (will update the bread name soon )
Custard Pie, 38 pesos
When we saw the title, we immediately placed it in our trays, since my sister and I are a big fan of custard. However, my high expectations are not quite met. It is not full with custard (but the custard as you can see is enough already to empower the bread), and the pastry is not super flaky. Given the price , the quality is fairly ok.

Ratings: 6.5/10

Last, is the Cream Cheese Pastry, 68 pesos
Cream Cheese pastry, 68 pesos, one of their bestsellers
The most expensive in our list, which also ranks as my favorite. it is overflowing with cream cheese. The pastry is not that flaky but soft. At first I expected that it be salty, but no- it is quite sweet. Nonetheless, you can definitely enjoy this for an afternoon or midnight snack.

Ratings: 8/10

Overall, Tous Le Jours seems like a Korean fashion bakeshop for me. The place is beautifully designed-cozy and cute. All of the breads look enticing and yummy. Staff and service is definitely ok. Lastly, the breads taste good- i recommend this for people with sweet tooth. (My personal expectations are not quite met since I love salty food and breads, but my sister super love their breads already, It's just a case to case basis.)

here's a shot of me and my breads!
Me with Tours Le Jours breads! Yummy!

Tours Le Jours Branches: SM Southmall, SM The Block, SM Southmall, Alabang Town Center

Cheers,
Captainfood

5 comments:

Thank you for having an interest in reading Captainfood: Your comments are fully welcome here :)