Monday, April 9, 2012

Jamba Juice Fever! -heathy drinks and snacks!

Around March this year, I've seen several FB posts and tweets about a so-called "Jamba Juice". The word itself gives me a notion of healthy, luscious, fresh drinks. Fortunately, a month after, a branch was opened near our place in Alabang Town Center! Yaaayy! Cheers! After Outbreak Manila's Zombie Run (super fun !), we chilled here from afternoon to evening.

The place radiates a bright and fun aura with its lively theme of colors- orange, and green. It has a long menu, so you definitely need to pay several visits to try it all. Here's a shot of their snacks window. Since I'm a self-confessed bread lover, I tried 2 varieties (Spinach n' Cheese wrap + Cheddar Tomato Twist)

Snacks Window. My next target is the Sourdough Parmesan Pretzels


As a first timer, I ordered, a drink + snacks

a.) Acai Supercharger, 22 oz. - 170 pesos 
-Why Acai? Well- i've read through some articles that this is a superfruit which promotes good health, and boosts metabolism.
b.) Peanut Butter Moo'd, 22 oz - 170 pesos
-Their Bestseller! since I'm a PB lover (read my PB&Co. Post  here), I tried this! and super duper yum!
b.) Cheddar Tomato Twist - 80 pesos
c.) Spinach and Cheese Wrap - 145 pesos

Here's my Jamba Juice Photo Collage!- I definitely enjoyed all of these shots because of the good food I'm with.

Me with (a) Acai Supercharger, (b) Cheddar Tomato Twist, (c) Spinach and Cheese Wrap

The Acai Supercharger has a taste slightly similar with Grapes + Berries. It has a not so sweet taste (which is great), and a very fine texture which will let you sip it without any effort at all.  The price, at 170 pesos is above average. Just think of it as an alternative to your usual Starbucks drink. How does it differ with your normal shake? Well it's the fact that it has a more fruity taste due to  more fruits placed in the drink itself. overall, I'm still not awed by it, and will try other flavors instead when I go back- for an element of surprise.

Ratings: 3.5/5

The famous bestseller - Peanut Butter Moo'd!
Peanut Butter Peanut Butter Peanut Butter YAYYY!
If you are not that health conscious and opts for a sweet drink, try Peanut Butter Moo'd!It belongs to the Creamy Smoothie section. It has a chocolate base, mixed with soymilk, peanut butter, frozen yogurt, and banana. As for the taste, maybe you are wondering if it tastes like the usual sandwich PB spread- yes, but you'll never get tired of it! Drink this on days where your sweet tooth attacks, or anytime you want to be hyper! super yummy, such a comfort food!

Ratings: 4.8/5

As for the snacks, the Spinach and Cheese Wrap, 145 pesos, is a hit!
Spinach and Cheese blended to perfection! This picture makes me hungry now!

I super love the way the mozarella cheese and spinach melted together inside a wheat wrap. If you are a fan of cheese ( me raising hands..), you'll definitely love love love super this snack. The picture itself, though not quite composed can tempt you all the way! Healthy Yummy treat for everyone! Honestly- I can finish this in about 45 second. The price is high at 145 pesos- so if you'll be practical, just create your own at home. But if you are after the great ambiance, and chit chat bonding with friends @ Jamba Juice place, then go pay for 145 :)

Ratings: 4.5/5 (the 0.5 deduction is due to the high price. 80-90 pesos range will make it a 5 for me )

The Last snack that we ordered is the Cheddar Tomato twist, 80 pesos-
Cheddar Tomato Twist- a simple bread stick snack for on-the-go happy people

It has a toasted texture, which is crunchy on the outside, and chewy inside. As the name suggests, it is slathered with tomato filling inside paired with cheese. It wasn't able to meet my expectation of  dripping cheese inside, but managed to partly influence the strong tomato taste. This snack is definitely for health buffs out there who loves to celebrate with tomato's lycopene.

Ratings: 3.5/5

There goes my Jamba Juice experience. I'll definitely go back here If I'm in the mood for a catching up of hanging out with my friends. If you want to try it, it has 2 branches (a) Fort Bonifacio, and (b) Alabang Town Center


Cheers, 
Captainfood

5 comments:

  1. When someone writes an paragraph he/she keeps the plan
    of a user in his/her mind that how a user can understand it.
    Therefore that's why this paragraph is perfect. Thanks!

    my site - Slim Berry Max Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! This is my 1st comment here so I just wanted to give a quick
    shout out and tell you I really enjoy reading your blog
    posts. Can you recommend any other blogs/websites/forums that go over the same subjects?
    Thanks!

    Feel free to visit my web-site - Max Robust REview

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to assist with SEO?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very good
    results. If you know of any please share. Thank you!


    Feel free to surf to my web-site ... Auravie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for finally talking about > "Jamba Juice Fever! -heathy drinks and snacks!" < Loved it!

    my homepage :: Slim Green Coffee Diets

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like your blog.. very nice colors & theme. Did you design this website yourself or did you hire someone to do it
    for you? Plz reply as I'm looking to design my own blog and would like to know where u got this from. cheers

    Check out my homepage - Wrinkle Cream

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for having an interest in reading Captainfood: Your comments are fully welcome here :)