Sunday, February 5, 2012

New Bombay - authentic Indian food!

Living in the heart of Makati- I'm surrounded with loads of food places. So one friday night after running, I decided to try out an Indian restaurant located in our condo (Columns) ---New Bombay!

As usual, i'm on the healthy mode again so I decided to try out a vegetarian dish- 
Palak Paneer (235 pesos)

Palak Paneer, 235 pesos. Green delicious stuff. :)-spinach + cottage cheese

Palak Paneer is an Indian dish made of tender cubes of homemade cottage cheese cooked in rich spinach sauce and mild spices. Paneer simple means Farmer's cheese.

When you order this, you will be asked on how spicy you want your dish to be. I requested for the most spicy (since I love spicy foods <3). If you are looking for a cheesy taste because of the cottage cheese- you'll never find it here, because cottage cheese is made that way-plain.

The dish is great! Even though I wasn't able to taste the "original" version in India, I can say that they were able to replicate it, because the moment it reaches my taste buds-an explosion of flavors happened. 

Ratings: 5/5
Calories: ~297


Your Paneer will never be perfect without an Indian bread or rice. For me- since I'm a fan of cheesy foods, I ordered Cheese Naan (95 pesos).

Cheese Naan, 95 pesos. Love love love 

Naan is an oven baked flatbread. New bombay's version is grilled, and the good thing is that they mixed yummy cheese within. I wasn't able to determine what kind of cheese it is, but one thing's for sure- it's flavorful and delicious. This bread partnered with the Paneer is Perfect (stars, hearts, flying all over-magical).

I've tried Breadtalk's version of Cheese Naan , and i love it- but I love this version better. if they just have several branches- then I'd be willing to try them all. (of course, setting aside the calories since Naan has a very high count)

Ratings:5/5
Calories:~350 calories

So- what are you waiting for? try New Bombay now and taste the goodness of Indian food!

They have four branches: click the links for Munchpunch link -full menu

New BombayGlorietta

G/F Glorietta 3 Ayala Center
Makati, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 986-8622

New BombaySalcedo Village

G/F, Sagittarius Bldg. III, 312 H.V. Dela Costa St. Salcedo Village
Makati City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 819-2892

New BombayThe Columns

Tower 1 G/F The Columns, 6821 Ayala Ave. cor. Gil Puyat Brgy. Bel - Air
Makati City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 901-3275

New BombayThe Podium

5/F The Podium, ADB Ave. Ortigas Center
Mandaluyong City, Metro Manila
Philippines
(02) 637-4367


Cheers, 
Captainfood










2 comments:

Thank you for having an interest in reading Captainfood: Your comments are fully welcome here :)