Sunday, August 21, 2011

Omakase-Japanese Cuisine

If you'll ask me to give one of the few things that I enjoy at work - it is definitely the lunch outs every Friday.  Aside from the fact that most of them are free, what I enjoy the most is the bonding and feeling of belonging-chit chats,& laughters.

The spot place for last Friday is Omakase-Japanese Cusine. At first glance of the place, you'll love its comfy and modern Jap setup.
Cute pink and lavender chairs, in a modern, & sophisticated Japanese setup

For appetizer, we ordered JSC(Jurassic, Seabreeze, and Crazy) Sushi Platter, 675 pesos

JSC Platter, fresh tuna, cruncy and tasty unagi, and spicy tuna served in one dish!

The presentation is a blast, but I'm sure that when you taste it, you'll be in love with it. All of the 3 sushi variants are delicious. 

My personal favorite is the  Jurassic Maki-sushi rolled with kani, ebiko, ebi tempura, cucumber, salmon skin and topped with great tasting Unagi(eel) !

Rating: 4.5/5


The Mikado salad, 225 pesos
Mikado Salad, 225 pesos. The picture is really enticing huh?
Salad served with mangoes, avocado, tomato, cabbage, cucumber, drizzled with creamy Japanese mayonnaise and topped with Chicken Teriyaki strips! One of my favorite salads!

Rating: 3.4/5

We also ordered the classic Sukiyaki, 250 pesos
Maggie , pretty & excited with the hot and yum Sukiyaki
Their Sukiyaki variation is not too sweet, and has lots of vegetables! it's perfectly served in a Nabemono(hotpot). The beef is tender & tasty, as well as the vegetables. Yum!

Rating: 3.5

The Aspara-bacon, never fails to please everyone as usual, 
Moist and Cruncy bacon filled with Asparagus!All-time Favorite!
The Asparagus stalks are soft, and firmly placed inside the chewy bacon. Delicious!

Rating: 4.1/5

Also, Omakase has its own version of Tofu Steak (200 pesos). Looking at the picture makes me hungry!
Melt-in-your-mouth Tofu rolled with Perfectly cooked Beef Tenders, for only 200 pesos
I wasn't able to taste this one, because the moment it was served, the next picture I saw is an empty plate already.   So, that's a clear proof of how good it is.=)

Rating: 4.3/5

Our last order is the healthy side dish of Moyashi Itame (90 pesos), 
Vegetables!
Sauteed beansprouts with carrots, squid, and meat. Good side dish for Japanese food! This is usually one of my must-order dishes whenever I eat in a Jap-place. And Omakase never failed me with their own yummy version.

Rating: 4.6/5

Overall, I can say that Omakase is one of the best Japanese restaurants in manila. They have average prices, that goes well with perfectly tasting Japanese food. Also, this is the first restaurant that I was able to order Hot Calamansi Juice in Teapot(~65 pesos).

After tasting this, it became my must-order drink in restaurants=)

The big question: Will I go back? Definitely yes! I'll bring my friends and family here!
So try Omakase now!

Cheers, 
Captain Food

4 comments:

  1. yummy! nice blog marianne! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ms. jasmine! super thanks po! enjoy reading and food tripping!=)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ate Marianne san po tong OMAKASE

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christian: Omakase, has a branch sa Makati Ayala Triangle, and meron din sa Alabang Town Center=)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for having an interest in reading Captainfood: Your comments are fully welcome here :)