Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Peanut Butter Co. -love at first sight

Well, are you an avid fan of the famous Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich?

of course, for me, YES! Good news for PB&J fanatics out there, since Peanut Butter Company has a branch at MOA. An they are offering PB&J sandwiches (with a lot of varieties), plus quite a few dishes (that looks, and smells really really good). 

Here is a picture of their PB&J sandwich (85 pesos, half)
 (strawberry flavored jam with crunchy peanut butter).
PB&J sandwich unopened.

Rating:5/5
The sandwich is really, really, really good! The bread is quite unique, I forgot to ask if it's actually wheat bread, but it tastes like one. It is soft, creamy and toasted. The peanut butter is a CHAMP.It comes with just the right sweetness. Pair it with the strawberry jelly with chunky bits, and whoalaahhh- a perfect afternoon snack.


I also tried their Elvis sandwich (90 pesos, half)
Crunchy Peanut butter with banana, and bacon.
Unopened. A great surprise inside!
the famous-Elvis Sandwich, 90 pesos, half

Just a little bit of trivia. This sandwich is the favorite snack of Elvis Presley, King of Rock n' Roll,
 that is why it was named after him.

According to Wikipedia, 

"Presley's fondness for peanut butter and banana sandwiches is well established, but bacon is not mentioned in all accounts.[9] A book about Presley and his mother, Gladys Presley, though, says he had "sandwich after sandwich of his favorite—peanut butter, sliced bananas, and crisp bacon". Another passage describes him talking "feverishly until dawn" while "wolfing" down the sandwiches (described in this instance as being made with mashed banana)."



Rating: 4/5
And now, for my verdict, this sandwich is good but not great. I just don't appreciate the way the bacon is combined with the peanut butter. I would love it better if there is only PB and banana...then munch on the crispy bacon alone.haha!


I also managed to take some pictures of the place (MOA branch)

Cashier, and menu
chairs.I cannot rotate the picture=P

I forgot to tell you that everything in their menu has a touch of peanut butter. weird but great isn't it?haha!

I still don't have the enough courage to taste other dishes in their menu, specifically the Hot wings (chicken wings with chili peanut butter), and the Pasta (with peanut butter also.) Next time maybe! I'll tell you and let's try it together! 

peanut butter counter

Since I wasn't able to get enough of it, I also bought a pack of Crunchy Peanut butter (185 pesos) for home use.=)


Peanut Butter Co. offers all-natural gourmet spread for everyone. It comes in different flavors (creamy, crunchy, curry, chocolate or hazelnut(i'm not that sure), and etc.) I forgot some of the flavors since they are really weird (but I think, yummy). If you want to have a taste of it, they are offering free taste, just ask the staff.

Ask me, if i'm going to back? DEFINITELY YES!

1 comment:

Thank you for having an interest in reading Captainfood: Your comments are fully welcome here :)