Thursday, October 7, 2010

CYMA -Greek Tavern

Cyma in Alabang Town Center is one exciting place to dine. For cheese lovers out there, crave at first, then pig out for most of the dishes are cheese-based. Pinch me in the nose if you don't find the food, good.

Because of the long list of food in the menu plus the fact that I'm too eager to taste it all, we ordered numerous dishes. For appetizer (the appetizers are really mouthwatering!, I want to taste 'em all!), we had a taste of  Kalamarakia (300 pesos), Roka Salata (family, 680 pesos),Spinach and Artichoke Fondue (forgot the price), and Saganaki (200 pesos).
Kalamarakia, 300 pesos. simply the Calamares-in native tongue.
The name of the dishes are actually quite hard to read (considering proper intonation, and syllabication.), so I just point out the foods that I want to the waiter. The Kalamarakia  is a box-office for our family. The breading is crunchy on the outside layer, and quite soft on the inner ring, and it tastes good-just with the right pepper and salt. The squid used is really soft, which is a plus point for the older ones. This appetizer is great for munching while waiting for the other dishes. 

Rating: 4.8/5

a
Roka Salata, family, 680 pesos
Roka Salata is a greek salad primarily composed of fresh arugula, romaine lettuce, sundried tomatoes, candied walnuts served with shaved Parmesan in Greek vinaigrette. This dish combines a lot of flavor-sweetness from the walnuts, the sour blend of sundried tomatoes (has a texture like the chinese kiamoy, but the taste is good.quite sour), and the vinaigrette. The large shaves of parmesan will surely satisfy your cheese cravings. If to be evaluated out of 5 stars, I'll give this a 4. I love its total taste, but it's not something that I can finish up in one seating (beware of its big servings), since you'll soon be fed up with the taste.

Rating: 5/5 I love this salad!


Saganaki(flaming cheese), 200 pesos
Next, is the Saganaki (or the traditional Greek flamed cheese). It will be literally flamed up by your server, while all of them shouts "Oppa!". You might be surprised but that is the way it is being served. Again, another cheese dish, and I love this one. It's a great spread for the bread that comes with it. However, it is nearly the same with the molten Mozarella cheese in pizza. Just remember to eat it immediately because it easily sticks into the pan due to its sizzling nature.

Rating: 5/5

Spinach and Artichoke Fondue



Our last appetizer (definitely NOT the least), is the spinach and artichoke fondue. This is the best of all I must say. It's so cheesy, yet healthy.You might encounter chunks of artichoke and spinach while eating this, with a flame-toasted bread. This is heaven.I love it. Right now, I am mouthwatering, and craving for some. Waahh. I've tasted several artichoke fondue out there , especially the ones from Italianni's, and this is the finest. Don't forget to order this one if you go there. Five stars combo!Wooh!

Rating: 5/5 (Favorite Spinach and Artichoke Fondue )

As you can see, we had a lot of appetizers. Actually we are already full, but we cannot cancel the orders we placed earlier.So we had no choice but to eat them. 
Meatless Moussaka, 250 pesos
Since I'm trying to be a vegetarian (but I always fail.haha), I opted for the Meatless Moussaka, 250 pesos (with eggplant as the meat subsitute) instead of the the normal moussaka with ground pork and beef.  Even before we go to Cyma, I'm excited to have a taste of Greece's National Dish. Sad to say that I'm disappointed. It is so cheesy (and quite oily), and I can't eat more than 1/3 of it. I'm thinking if the normal moussaka , tastes the same, and if ever yes, i'm having regrets. We ended up packing it for dinner.Maybe this is also a sign that I cannot be a full-pledged vegetarian.In my dreams, probably?

Rating: 4/5

Hirine Brizola, 450 pesos (grilled porkchops)

The Hirine Brizola, 450 pesos (or simple Grilled porkchops). It tastes like pork (yes, it is pork, but not the well-seasoned and marinated ones). It is soft, chewy, but not delicious (for me). I just ate the grilled potatoes since they tastes good and are mushy on the inside, but I let my father consume the rest of the porkchop.

Rating: 2/5. 


For dessert, we had Skolatina, (295 pesos)
Skolatina, 295 pesos
My sister raves about the chocolate-yyy goodness of this one. We all love it, as a matter of fact. A great ender for the bounty Greek feast. The vanilla ice cream complements the chocolate molten cake. Oh..goood.can you please give me some?

Rating: 4.8/5


Cyma, in totality offers very good food, but with a heavy price. Your stomach will bulge, yet your wallet will starve. Haha.Kidding aside, if you're craving for cheese dishes, Cyma has a lot to offer. Feel like a God/ Goddess with it's heavenly cheesy dishes.

Cheers, 
Captain Food

1 comment:

Thank you for having an interest in reading Captainfood: Your comments are fully welcome here :)